Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Train ticket 10 days in advance

I did it. Bought my second class soft seat from Harbin to Beijing on Fri 24 Aug 08.50-17.55.

The travel gods were with me as my Chinese friends didn't turn up. But the friendly man was on duty and fended off the hostile battle-axe of a woman. Then behind me in the queue was s man who knew me from who knows where who helped read ruan zuo - soft seat off my phone dictionary.

I've got my blind date on Sat!!! A hemiplaegic patient's wife invited me to I'm not sure what but she appears at various clinics and the taiji park to remind me to bring my camera. Watch this space.

FANNY
I'm now the official translator 'fan ye' for a Philippino patient in tuina clinic with arthritic knees. She invited me tro KTV but fortunately I said I couldn't sing!

I've got dinner tomorrow at 7 fl kitchen. Sinrong, one of last remaining Malaysians, invited me then added there's alsoa new student from Thailand and one from Mozambique - never a dull moment. After that I've got a second 10pm Porsche date!!! The student who wants to go to US to make money as Dr needs me to speak to the college administrator in New Jersey at the local phone shop. Yes his dad's got a Porsche and will whizz me through the main streets - it would be quicker on my old bike!

Talking of 'heiselee' - little black one' - I'm going to have to retrace my streps to the bike seller as I have no takers from students, foreign or native. Sad reflection of the state of modern China!

No comments:

Post a Comment