Saturday, August 4, 2012

Foot massage & back to cupping

Wooaaah!!! Finally found a local massage clinic just by the market behind uni. Thought I'd ease myself into it with a foot massage before I let them loose on the rest of my body...

The funny thing was my basic language skills let me down a little and I was humming and ha-ing over the 35 or 40 RBM milk foot bath and at the end released that it was total price, not in addition to the 35RMB 30 min foot massage - ie £3.50!!

The guy was very sweet and poured the milk lotion into a beautiful wooden finnish sauna style foot bath, delicately laced with a PLASTIC BAG so that the bath didn't need a wash. Actually given hygiene standards or lack of them here it's probably a good thing. (Actually I ate my breakfast tofu soup out if a bag lined bowl - could have eaten it put of the footbath too!!) Mr Massage also floated a few dried rose petals and my hardened feet were left to soak.

Next I was lying on a bed and the lady (mother/owner) but a nice brown and beige Hello Kitty blanket over me. The first few strokes of the sole were pretty inane and I was about to slope off into my afternoon slumber when a pang of pain emanated from my etched big toe.

Unfortunately it was mainly guess work as to the cause of the pain from different parts of my feet reflecting different body parts. It was definitly stomach and i thought he mentioned chest so I gestured. Mr M said no and pointed at a more private female place to which I said 'Fu ke' - meaning gynecology!!!.... if you were wondering!!!

My milk bath 50p extra box came w 2 sachets of massage oil so the massage was smoother until... At the end he pulled out to little massage hammers!! On the soles it was a little more than tickley pleasant but on the top of the foot I have a few hammer shaped bruised. But I feel like my feet are now part of my body again rather than the cracked, hardened slabs of flesh covered bone at the bottom of my legs!!

Only 3 weeks left to get the rest of my body pummeled. May even work my way up to the 'guasha' - no, not a geisha!!! It's the stone or bone comb used to scrape the stagnation ie bruise to the surface!!! Maybe not in the week before I return or else there'll be talk of what the CCP has done to XiNing!!!

Post script:
Back in tuina clinic today - a welcome relief from the frenetic neurology clinic and within 5 mins I was fire cupping again and the Dr gave me the nod when he checked out my 'gun fa' - rolling technique unique to tuina. It was like being back in the family as the Dr and I nod or wave across the park every morning when I'm doing qigong and he's off on his daily walk.

The scan shows 'jing zhui bing' - cervical spondylosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment