Friday, August 17, 2012

Blissed out in tuina

Ahhhhh! Finally had a nice relaxing 45min face massage with my tall boy with big warm hands!

The big boss is away and it's been a relaxing week in tuina and I even cracked a joke in Chinese!!! And the students laughed!!
(note for Debs the detractor: see I am funny!!)

The joke? - English people get massages lying down listening to nice calming relaxing music; the Chinese have massages and make their own music of groans, scream and shrieks. This was yesterday at 8 in the morning when I was working my 'gun fa' tuina technique on the leg of a 40-50 something woman whilst Hua Mai was pummeling into her back with an elbow to the sound of persistent grunts reminiscent of my noisy fat b****** neighbours having sex!!! That was the night after I'd prematurely counted my chickens under the false translation that they were leaving that day :-(

So back to tuina, the burly big softy who is 2nd Dr has been chatting in chinglish with me and correcting or improving some of my massage techniques and today in the busy clinic I was pretty hands on with the TENS and the cupping, tho they still won't let me loose on a whole patient of my own. Just random body parts. No worries, plenty of bodies waiting when I get home no doubt!

And the first will be Sarah who I'll be accompanying to her fourth chemo session the day after I get back.

Pic of my room, 2nd from left, 4th floor (in China ground floor is 1st floor).

No comments:

Post a Comment