Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mastering the art of power-napping at the fat camp

Phew, coursework completed:

40 short clinic cases;
Inpatient case - Bell's Palsy - facial paralysis;
Outpatient case - dizziness due to TIA transient ischemic attack;
Journal article - breast cancer
Reflective essay - needling technique UK vs China.

Still got to proof read my Chinese classmates' essays - payback time for all their help - then I can relax and go swimming!

Hopefully the pool won't close for the summer as I've just discovered that they are turning OFF the hot water for the next month!! We may get s dribble of hot water at 7pm but this is my eve taiji time.

Anyway I was having at least 1 cold shower a day anyway and the hairdresser downstairs says he'll charge 5 RMB for a hairwash - that's 50p!

I'm now waking at 4am so I can get some standing qigong in before the da gong exercises and taiji - before clinic at 7.45am.

I'm needling again in clinic, the patients and students have got used to me again and the doctor is happy for his son to practice his English. In fact his son, who stydied in the year above me in London is a sweetie and gave me a copy of his dad's book neurology - mainly western diagnoses and all in Chinese apart from headings and disease names - eg Gilles de la Tourette - apparently swearing isn't the main symptom!

My noisy neighbours - the fat farm -ers are back! I thought they'd just come for the 24 needles on the tummy treatment but apparently just swimming and footie... And lying in bed all afternoon shouting and watching cartoons!

Funnily enough my tolerance level has increased and I can now manage my 45min 1pm power nap after clinic even without needles or wired up to my TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment