Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rain in Phnom Penh

Really raining now - as I was doing taiji earlier the torrent on corrugated tin roof reminded me of Ruam Rudi (school in Bangkok) - I used to go up to top floor and listen to the roar if the rain.

Was also chillingly eerie as I was on veranda of this beautiful Boddhi Tree guest house and instead if the sun rising in front of me I could see through the obscurity of dawn the classrooms/cells of Tuol Sleng, the school turned prison of torture and genocide just 35 years ago - during the time I lived in Bangkok and just after Mum and Grandma climbed through the barbed wire fence that a man 'kindly cut' so they could get to Ankhor Wat.

Simone and Cornelia were in Phnom Penh a week ago so this is just a stopover en route to Sinhoukville and islands. But Sim took me on a tuktuk city tour and we met Cornelia at very colonial FCCC (Foreign Correspondents Club of Cambodia) for cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment